Archive for July 2017
Malware and hacking tactics are becoming more advanced, and users need to be prepared against attack
It’s one thing to click the wrong link and accidentally download some annoying adware on your personal 7 Worst Cyberattacks in Recent Historydevice. It’s another thing to watch as hospitals, train stations, nuclear power plants, and private businesses fall victim to a devastating cyber attack that obliterates their networks and decimates their data.
While viruses and worms of the ‘90s and early ‘00s might be memorable, the malware of the past few years have been unbelievably destructive. Because the internet is everywhere these days, hackers are finding it easier than ever to spread malicious software and gain access to highly sensitive information. If you need more proof that recent cyber attacks are some of the worst in history, the following devastating attacks should be evidence enough.
While a spate of similar malware programs has spread in its wake, WannaCry is certainly the most talked-about attack this year. Using a vulnerability developed by none-other than the U.S. National Security Agency, WannaCry was able to infiltrate computer networks running outdated operating systems, taking them and their data hostage. As a result, more than 230,000 machines in more than 150 countries fell victim to the attack, including dozens of hospitals and care centers in the U.K., a train system in Germany, and a telecommunications provider in Spain. Fortunately, most home users can stay safe from WannaCry by updating their software whenever there is an update and by installing strong internet security software.
Shamoon or Disttrack
A computer virus that targeted devices linked to the energy sector, Shamoon was developed in 2012 by a hacker group known as “Cutting Swords of Justice.” The group’s goal was to destabilize Saudi Amarco Company, an energy giant in the Middle East – and it was somewhat successful. More than 30,000 workstations were impacted by the virus, which prevented machines from connecting to the web and communicating with each other. Also affected were Qatari RasGas Company and LNG Company, though it’s unknown whether they were additional targets of the attack.
Operation Olympic Games or Stuxnet
At the end of President Bush’s administration, the U.S. government attempted to disrupt and sabotage Iranian nuclear facilities with a concentrated cyberattack. Working in conjunction with Israel, the U.S. developed a worm, named Stuxnet, that could take command of devices and use them to control machinery connected to them. Stuxnet was ruthless in its attack, incapacitating over 1,000 centrifuges in just one Iranian nuclear plant; it is a powerful digital weapon, and security experts believe it is being traded around black hat hacker circles – which means the most physically damaging cyber attack is likely on the horizon.
Operation Shady RAT
Operation Shady RATAs you read, a cyber attack is being waged. In 2008, a cybersecurity professional uncovered a series of similar attacks, which he dubbed Operation Shady RAT, launched against government institutions and private agencies in 14 different countries. Though investigations have yet to determine the source of the extensive attack, many analysts believe the operation is sponsored by the Chinese government.
In the early 2000s, American computer systems experienced an onslaught of epic proportions. Contractors working with the Department of Defense, to include dozens of private businesses like Lockheed Martin and Redstone Arsenal, lost an inordinate amount of sensitive information to attackers, who most security professionals believe were working for China. The attacks continued for three full years before cybersecurity received enough funding to build proper digital defenses. The British Ministry of Defense endured similar attacks, though on a smaller scale.
Beginning on Holocaust Remembrance Day in 2013, a series of cyber attacks coordinated by anti-Israeli groups and individuals began taking down Israeli websites. The hacks ranged from annoying defacements to disruptive database hijacking and devastating leaks. Unfortunately, the attack debilitated schools, newspapers, small businesses, nonprofit groups, and banks – many of which were not Israeli in origin, effectively working counter to the attackers’ main goal of showing discontent with Israel.
July 2009 Cyberattacks
Though they still lack a flashy name, these attacks propagated against South Korea and the U.S. affected more than 100,000 computers. It seems that attackers targeted governmental websites, including the South Korean National Assembly, the White House, and the Pentagon, as well as a handful of media outlets. To this day, the source and intention of the attacks are unknown, though many experts believe the North Korean telecommunications ministry is to blame..
There are times when your internet connection is fine but you’re still not able to open any website. One of the possible causes could be the issues with your ISP’s DNS server. Configuring a custom DNS server on your make contribute to make your internet faster and load websites quickly.
There are many ways to get a faster internet speed in Microsoft Windows. Today, I am going to show you a simple DNS hack that can speed up your web browsing considerably. Before that, I need to remind you an obvious thing that happens with most of us when we are using a slow internet connection.
The only thing we blame is our Internet Service Provider (ISP) for slow internet connection, but this isn’t the only case all the time. Sometimes, the problem is related to the default DNS (Domain Name System) used by the ISP. So, let me explain you something about DNS before telling you the method to get a faster internet speed.
What is DNS?
DNS – Domain Name System – is a naming system that is used to convert the domain names into IP addresses. The domain names are usually alphanumeric for us to remember quickly, but in actuality, the Internet works on IP addresses. The DNS server, for a domain name, returns its corresponding IP address when requested by your computer (client).
The DNS has a network of its own i.e. one DNS server can ask other DNS servers about translating a particular domain name to its corresponding IP address till it gets the correct result.
Computers and other devices make use of IP address to route the traffic, and it is very much similar to dialing a phone number. DNS acts as an intelligent operator that helps us bypass the infinite address book of IP addresses. Your DNS manages this enormous task. You can read more about DNS and how it works in our detailed post.
How an Alternative DNS Service Will Speed Up Your Browsing?
As I mentioned earlier, your tortoise-like internet speed isn’t always your Internet Service Provider’s fault. Instead, it may be because of an inefficient DNS server. So why not use an alternative DNS service? As the present web pages continue to become more and more complicated by inculcating innumerable things, clients go for multiple DNS lookups for rendering one single web page. With the internet blowing up size by the clock, the existing DNS infrastructure is under more load each day.
Now, I’ll tell you to use free public DNS services that will ask your computer to use custom DNS servers instead of the default DNS server from your ISP. It will help you to get a faster internet speed.
How To Speed Up Web Browsing Using DNS Hack?
To get faster internet speed, I’d like to tell you about OpenDNS. You can also use Google DNS for speeding up your internet. OpenDNS is one of the most popular free DNS services that was started to provide an alternative method to the users who weren’t satisfied with their existing DNS servers.
How to configure OpenDNS in Microsoft Windows?
By following the steps mentioned below, you can set OpenDNS as the preferred DNS server in Microsoft Windows. This will allows various applications to perform nslookup using OpenDNS rather than your ISP’s default DNS servers.
1. To get a faster internet speed using OpenDNS, open Control Panel.
2. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
3. Here, click the name of the network connection, be it WiFi or Ethernet
4. On the next window that pops, click Properties.
5. Click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
6. Now click Use the following DNS server addresses radio button and enter the addresses given below to get a faster internet speed
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
If you want, you can interchange these addresses. Click OK to save and continue.
How to configure IPv6 custom DNS:
Since the adoption of IPv6 addresses is on the rise, it’s time you should configure iPv6 DNS servers as well. Highlight the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click Properties.
Choose the following DNS server addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 2620:0:ccc::2
Alternate DNS server: 2620:0:ccd::2
How to configure Google Public DNS in Microsoft Windows?
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers in step 6.
For IPv4: 126.96.36.199 and/or 188.8.131.52.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
In a nutshell, OpenDNS, Google DNS are reduce the time taken to resolve the domain name on the web and make the internet faster in the process. Obviously, it won’t increase the maximum available bandwidth for your connection. Moreover, they are more reliable than the default ones used by your ISP. Do I need to mention one of them is maintained by Google? These custom DNS servers face downtime, due to power outages or some other hardware issues, less often.
Both Google DNS and OpenDNS work just fine but people prefer Google DNS these days. You can choose to go for any of these and see if your internet speeds up.
The CCNA is regarded as one of the most sought-after certifications in the IT industry for no simple reason. It is required to earn some of the higher level certifications like CCNP. This certification is highly valuable for candidates who are eager to enhance their career with better jobs and higher salary packages.
The CCNA certification is a certification which requires a lot of hard work to pass. It asks for the right way of preparation and focus. But, cracking it is definitely not impossible. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exam in the most efficient way.
How to prepare for CCNA certification exam?
- A plan for preparation: The first step is to make a plan for your individual study. The certification has a proper syllabus and you have to cover all the topics before the exam. Make a print of this and plan your individual course of study based on it. Limit your studies to whatever is there in the syllabus. Do not waste time on the extra information.
- Find out your weakness: Try to understand what your weak point is. You may take a practice test to identify this. Focus on those areas that you are not good at. Have an aim to get a proper understanding of the topics you have trouble with. In the meantime, don’t forget to give importance to your strengths too. There are more chances of passing the exam if you turn your weaknesses into strengths.
- Allow time for study: Time management is required when you prepare for the exam and when you take it. Your study should be consistent for you to remember all that you learned. Keep aside a regular study time and stick to it every day. You might find it difficult to do this at times. But, remember that the prerequisite to pass any exam is consistent study and practice. Also, try to avoid any distraction at this time.
- Every detail is important: Simply learning the theory given in the syllabus does not help you in the exam. To get a good score, you may understand how things are done in Cisco. It is mostly seen that how Cisco works is different from the general working of networks. So, understand the procedures used in the Cisco environment to implement the networking technologies.
- Access Cisco equipment: When you take the CCNA training, understand that the exam consists of tasks done on simulated routers and switches. So, it is vital to get enough practice on Cisco equipment so that you can implement what you learn in the real environment. You can access simulators where you can configure virtual switches and routers. There are free open-source tools that give a simulated Cisco environment to work with.
- Keep practicing: Once the environment is setup, make sure that you practice enough to be thorough with the learning. You may practice every configuration possible so that you are confident to face the exam. Just learning the topics by heart does not work for this certification. Theory and practice are two different things and whatever is written in books need not give you the correct results when you try it out. When you do practical work, you discover a lot of things for yourselves which no book can offer.
The bottom line is to give your 100 percent in the preparation for the exam. There are a lot of theoretical concepts to grasp and even more practical lessons to be learned. Give equal importance to both and divide your time so as to ensure an optimum study method.
For More Details :
Redback IT Solutions Pvt Ltd
No : 5/X2 Hari Om 2nd street, Phase III,
Call us : 8189985551.
Our Android Training aims to teach beginners and employees. Android is the fastest growing smart phone OS in the world today. Currently, Android has a market share of 57% in the worldwide smart phone market. Android programming language is backed and developed by Google and Open Handset Alliance (a consortium of 84 firms). The number of handsets running on Android increases by 21000 fresh and new installs per day and that is good enough reason for one to start developing applications and games for that market / audience. By learning the trending technology like Android anyone can get a easy job in IT. We are the Best Android Training Institute in Vellore.
Android’s Store (Google Play) over took Apple’s App Store in the total number of available applications few months back and is still leading from the front in terms of number of new applications published per month. Even though Samsung has developed an OS (Bada) on its own, it started using Android in its handsets due to its compliance to Open Mobile Standards and Specifications.
Android is in its nascent stage of development and it will get stabilized with a couple of years. Android Training provided by some of the IT industries top experts. Learning a programming language which is sure to dominate the smart phone market in the coming years is like earning in gold and storing it for future use. Anyone getting trained in Android now will have the first mover advantage and many corporate giants are yet to enter the App market as a mainstream business. Once the corporate heavyweights start to flex their muscles against each other in mobile phone market, anyone trained in Android / iOS will be in very high demand in the mobile app development industry.
Andriod Training Syllabus :
- Android Fundamentals
- History of Android
- Introduction to Android OS
- What is Android?
- Android Versioning
- Android Development Tools
- Android Architecture
- Practical Installation of Android SDK, Eclipse and ADT Plug-in
- Structure of a Android Project
- OOPS Concepts – Inheritance, Polymorphism
- OOPS Concepts – Interfaces, Abstract class
- OOPS Concepts – Threads, Java Swings, Layout Managers
- OOPS Concepts – Overloading and Overriding
- Android Concepts (Advanced)
- Activity – Activity Lifecycle ( Callback Methods)
- Activity – Fragments & Fragment Lifecycle
- Intent and Intent Filters
- Content Providers
- Broadcast Receivers
- Introduction to Layouts and Design
- Layout Manager and different Layouts
- SQLite – Database Usage
- Application Design Guidelines
- Android Best Practices (Coding)
Key Features :
- Android App Development Course Duration – 70 Hrs.
- Android Training Covers with Core Java.
- We provides softwares which is Necessary for Android App Development.
- Interactive sessions about latest updates in Android.
- Android Training with Hands on App execution.
- You will learn from Real time Android Applications.
- Fully Practical Oriented Android Training .
- Android Training in Vellore with Job assistance.
- Training from highly qualified and experienced trainers.
For More Details contact :
Visit us :
Redback IT Solutions Pvt Ltd
No : 5/X2 Hari Ohm 2nd Street,
Phase III, Sathuvacheri,
Mail us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us :
Redback IT Solutions Pvt Ltd
No : 5/X2 Hari Ohm 2nd Street,
Phase III, Sathuvacheri,
Mail us : email@example.com